Sleeps 8 | Wood Norton, Norfolk
Book your stay
Adopt a laid-back stance, bring your walking boots and binoculars and enjoy the nature, wildlife and peace and quiet.
The established woodland which surrounds Bear’s Cottage contains many famous specimen trees, planted in the 1850’s and the woods harbour an abundance of flora and fauna, with over 10 miles of private paths and tracks to cycle, ride in or explore, allowing you to completely get back to nature.
The location of Bear’s Cottage is rare and you will revel in the complete privacy it provides; tucked away down a one mile private driveway. There is no doubt that children will delight in exploring the private woods, but you will also fall in love with Bear’s Cottage too.
Restored in 2016, the cottage has lost none of its individuality and charm and the old stables have been converted into what is now a large kitchen and open plan living space. The house now offers all the modern conveniences and luxuries you could wish for, with a large open plan kitchen, dining, living area with vaulted ceiling and beams, wooden floorboards and bi-fold doors opening up onto the lawned garden and woodland beyond. At the front of the house there is a cosy snug with a wood-burner, where you can relax on an evening, plus a practical downstairs shower room and a separate utility room. Downstairs you’ll also find a twin bedroom and en-suite bathroom, perfect if some members of your party want a little more privacy.
Climb the stairs to the first floor and you’ll discover three further bedrooms, two of which have king size beds and wash basins and a children’s twin bedroom plus a spacious family bathroom with feature freestanding claw-footed bath.
Bring your bikes, bring your dogs and come with a deep desire to discover more about nature and a strong willingness to let go, chill-out and enjoy some well-deserved rest and relaxation!!
Bear’s Cottage is unique and you’ll just love it!
- 1 wood burner – first basket of logs included
- Big flat-screen TV with Sky and DVD
- Limited mobile signal
- Very well-equipped kitchen
- Kitchen range a large gas rangemaster with ovens and grills, and a multi – hob option
- Standard fridge/freezer
- Washing-machine and tumble dryer
- Welcome pack on arrival with milk, coffee, tea, sugar, bread, butter, salt & pepper + extras
- Bedding, towels, and all basics included
- Elec, heating, and hot water included
- Baby-friendly (cottage has travel cot and high chair)
- 2 x King Bedrooms and 1 twin upstairs, roll top cast iron bath + WC and basin.
- Ground floor has twin bedroom with en suite bathroom with bath, WC and basin. Additional downstairs shower room with WC & basin
- 3 Dogs welcome
- Fully enclosed garden
- Terrace in the garden has seating for 8
- Table tennis table in garage
- Parking for many cars in courtyard
- Private use of the surrounding 200 acres of woodland with footpaths & an abundance of wildlife
- Bike Rental available for guests
In the area
Book your stay
Connect with us to see what we're up to.