NORTH WEST NORFOLK
After many weeks alone and unable to see family and friends, there is no better reward than to arrange a group holiday away. A UK staycation is a perfect way to bring together young and old.
Beautiful locations, lovely holiday homes and shorter journey times make North Norfolk a tempting destination for visitors of all ages.
A highlight of travelling as a group is sharing your experiences with other families and friends. More really can be merrier…but it can take a bit of planning to get it right!
Life is short and the world is wide
Choosing where to go can be the first hurdle to cross! Ask all members of the party to write down their choices, check dates, budgets and start the planning.
Finding group holiday accommodation can take time, especially if your group is a family of generations and you have all ages to consider. You will want something to occupy the little ones, something for the grown-ups and you don’t want the teenagers complaining they are bored! Combining all requirements can be challenging, but here at Fring we have tried to account for all.
Once all is booked, it is likely that everyone will want to have some involvement when it comes to planning, so share the duties and ask people to research different areas, so you can be ready to have the best holiday together and explore everything that’s on offer.
Enjoying your group holiday
Holiday planning does not need to be a stressful time, so here are some of our tips to enjoy your English escape:
- Cross-check packing lists and discuss which gadgets or games you can share.
- Plan a food delivery so fresh produce arrives soon after you do. It saves it sitting in the car for many hours! Look for local stores in the area – here at Fring, we have a couple of wonderful local delis who offer yummy treats and home-cooked meals, so you don’t need to spend the whole holiday cooking for the masses.
- Organise sleeping arrangements in advance, especially if there are children involved. This will prevent disputes on arrival. The children may love being altogether away from the adults!
- Will you be bringing your dog? All our Fring Estate properties are dog friendly and many cafes and pubs accept dogs too, but make sure your other party members are happy to share the space with your four-legged friend.
- Choose a range of activities to best suit your group – some will want adrenaline, whilst others may prefer a relaxing sail! And remember, if some of the group would like to opt-out of a day’s activities, there is always space to sit-back and relax in our properties.
The key to a successful group holiday is feeling relaxed and able to go with the flow. With lots of people spending more time together than they’re perhaps used to, there may well be the odd disagreement. Always remember that you’re on holiday and you’re here to have fun!